Wednesday 25 October 2017

Review: The Honey Trap by Karli Perrin

The Honey Trap

After catching her childhood sweetheart cheating on her, Sophia Hamilton is
hell-bent on stopping other women from getting played like she was.
And so the played becomes the player.
Fast forward two years and Sophia is now one of San Francisco’s most successful honey trappers. Getting paid to expose cheating men has become the norm but just when she thinks she has seen it all, she is offered a unique proposition which threatens to turn her entire world upside down.
Mason Hunter is a hotel tycoon, millionaire and cheater. Or is he?
Sophia has six weeks to find out.
She quickly discovers that Mason isn't the only one keeping secrets and she becomes caught up in a tangled web of lust, lies and misplaced loyalties.
Lines are crossed. Rules are broken. The real Mason Hunter is about to be exposed.
The hunt is on

Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars

Wow this book! I finished this afternoon and I’m still not 100% sure I have the right words for this review. When I heard about The Honey Trap, I knew this was a book I had to read and I’m so glad I got the opportunity to.

This is the story of Sophia, who after having her heart broken by her cheating ex decides to help save other woman by becoming a Honey Trap and trapping cheating husbands, and she’s great at her job! Fast forward 2 years and she gets hired by a woman called Emily, to Trap her husband who just happens to be millionaire, hotel owner Mason. After being offered an obscene amount of money, Sophia agrees although there is a lot more to the story than Emily lets on.

I honestly loved this book! It was funny and addictive and kept me hooked page after page, and even had me thinking about the story when I had to put it down due to real life. Sophia and Mason are just perfect for each other, and I really want a best friend like Lori!

The character that really stole the show though was Buzz! His character was so hilarious and I’m really hoping he gets his own book as I need more of his one liners! I also loved the reference to the Crossfire series which is one of my favourite book series!

"I asked Lori if she wanted to do something tonight but she said she has a date with Gideon. Can you believe she would blow me off for somebody called Gideon? I mean, what kind of name is that? I bet he's a pretentious prick."

The part about texting his Mum and how he got the nickname buzz had me cracking up with laughter!


‘I tried to stay away from her. It lasted less than a week. It felt like a lifetime. Never again.’

This book is a total must read and I cannot wait to see what Karli comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.