Wednesday 1 August 2012

The Scene by RM Gilmore

The Scene (Dylan Hart Odyssey of The Occult Series Book #1)The Scene by R.M. Gilmore

Goodreads synopsis

"It did seem a little ridiculous that two female reporters were headed off to solve
a crime that no detective could. The entire thing began to sound like a cheesy
made for TV movie, where good defeats evil, and all is well.
I still wasn't one-hundred percent sure what the evil was in this story.
If I am supposed to be the good, how the hell am I supposed to defeat the evil?
A stake and hammer might do the trick." - Dylan Hart


In the opening novel of R.M. Gilmore's 'Odyssey of the Occult' series, we find
Dylan Hart, journalist and self-proclaimed cynical bitch, in her hometown of Hollywood, California. The bodies of seven exsanguinated prostitutes have been found naked and covered in puncture wounds in towns from the Central Valley to Southern California.
The media has dubbed them the "Vampire Massacres".
Dylan has decided to cash in on the tragedy and write a true crime novel.
She begins her odyssey with research into the underground vampire scene.
All seemed to be going as planned, and as long as fiction can keep its ass away from fact,she should be alright.

But let's face it, someone is draining women of all their blood.
There is no way in hell it's going to end pretty

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Where to begin?
I really struggled to stay focused in the first few chapters but once i settled into a good reading pace I was hooked.

In the beginning I remember thinking "this chick spends too much time dissing herself" and then I realised "this chick's real". Dylan Hart is not your usual heroine, she is not super confident, oozing sex appeal and she doesn't have super human powers. She is sassy with a filthy mouth, prone to sarcasm and has the funniest lines. I actually laughed out loud several times whilst reading.

This book was nothing like I expected and its most definitely not your typical 'vampire' book. It kept me second guessing ALL the characters until the very end. And now I'm left waiting for the next instalment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.