Monday 6 August 2012

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been a fan of Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series for a while, and whilst I have enjoyed it I have often wondered what it must be like for the young supernaturals growing up and coming into their powers. And this shows me just that.

The book centres around Chloe, who one day at school is chased by the ghost of a school janitor whose face just happens to be melting off. Naturally Chloe is freaked and tries to run away. This ends up in a struggle with some teachers who obviously think she's gone crazy and a trip to the hospital. When Chloe wakes up she is told she needs to go to a group home for observation before she will be allowed back in school due to her violent outburst. So off to Lyle House she goes.

Once there Chloe finds out from another teen with 'mental issues' that she is in fact a necromancer, and that other supernaturals exist. Soon they discover things are not what they seem at Lyle house.

This book has it all in the way of supernaturals, a necromancer, werewolf, sorcery and a possible fire demon.. and along with that you have those who would want to stop them. After all, Supernaturals are always in danger.

I have put off reading this series for a while now, and I had in fact forgotten I had it until a friend reminded me. Having finished the first book I honestly can't believe I waited so long to read it. Logging off now to go read the second instalment The Awakening

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.