Thursday 7 February 2013

Beautiful Darkness

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads synopsis.

Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.

Sometimes life-ending.

Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.

My review.

So my friend finished reading this book a few days ago (while I was finishing Beautiful Creatures) and she told me that this book was even better than the first. At the time I said I didn't believe her but OMG it is. I honestly did not think it could get better than that and yet here I am completely blown away and actually struggling to give you a proper review.

There was several points whilst reading that I honestly thought I was going to break down in tears. My heart broke repeatedly for Ethan in this book and I am glad we got the Happy For Now ending because I don't think I could take the heartache of a sad ending.

I love how this series is evolving, Ethan originally thought he was the only Mortal who knew about Casters but he soon discovers that some of the residents of Gatlin aren't quite as ignorant of the goings-on as he thought. I cant wait to find out what's going to happen next so please excuse me while I go and get started on the next in the series.

View all my reviews

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.