Thursday 7 March 2013

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

The Indigo Spell By Richelle Mead

TISBook Synopsis.

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.

My review.

My Rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had waited for what felt like a life time to read The Golden Lily, and the moment I finished it back in June 2012 I reached for the comfort food knowing I was going to have to wait until February 2013 for The Indigo SpellI don't like to wait. Especially when I know I'm gonna love the thing I'm waiting for. So it came as a surprise to me when I didn't immediately jump straight into reading it. My husband had bought it for me for Valentines day (isn't he a honey) but I was in the middle of reading a book, so I put it off to one side. I finally managed to clear a spot in my reading schedule and I reached for my book.

Have you ever read a series and were so caught up with the story and the characters that when you opened the new book it's like catching up with old friends? That's how this was for me.

I loved the Vampire Academy series and was ecstatic when I realised there was a spin-off series (yes that's how late I came to the VA's, Bloodlines had already been released). I did wonder if the book spin-off would be similar to tv spin offs and not be very good but boy was I wrong. As much as I loved VA I think Bloodlines might be better. Each book in the series just seems to get  better and more  intense with every turn of the page.

The Sydney and Adrian we find in this book are so very different from the ones that Rose met in VA. Both have grown in ways we wouldn't have thought possible, and in ways that make me swoon with happiness. Unlike the previous books in the series there isn't an awful lot of Eddie, Jill or Angeline. This story centres firmly on Sydney and Adrian; Sydney's growing magical powers, her search for Marcus and ultimately her relationship with Adrian. There is so much story in this book it's a wonder Mead managed to fit it all in to just 400 pages, what it means for us the reader is that it is non-stop.

While I may not be suffering from the same book hangover that plagued me after reading The Golden Lily I cant wait to get my hands on a copy of The Fiery Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.