Wednesday 21 August 2013

Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood #2) Review

LELover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood #2) by J. R Ward
Synopsis

 In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war raging between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret bound of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Possessed by a deadly beast Rhage is the most dangerous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Owned by this dark side, Rhage fears the time when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him.

Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant to Rhage's protection. With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. She lost her faith in miracles years ago. But when Rhage's intense animal attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain life eternal with the one she loves...

Lisa's Review - 5 out of 5 stars

After reading Dark Lover for our Book Club a while back, I couldn't wait to get down my reading list and be able to start number 2 in the series, but I was a little hesitant when I finally got to it. Dark Lover was focused on Wrath, and I completely fell in love with that bad ass vampire, and thought he was so well written that even though I knew there was a whole army of the Black Dagger Brotherhood vampires, I couldn't see how any of them could be as fascinating to read about as Wrath was.

And I was WRONG! Lover Eternal shines the spotlight on Rhage, the cursed vampire who literally has an inner beast. Another great big, hulking menace of a vampire who is constantly battling with his inner demons, quickly becomes another very lovable member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, when he meets a human woman and falls in love, all the time battling to fight his feelings for her as she is a human who is not supposed to know about vampires. But Rhage fights for Mary, a frail human being, and although their love itself is a battle, you find yourself constantly willing that they will win the battle together.

As with Dark Lover, although Rhage is the main character in the book, a good deal of time is spent into building up the other members of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, and after two books I feel a connection enough with the other vampires that I feel I know them, and I can't wait to read all of their individual stories now, even though I have loved the first two vampires so much, I often find with a series that jumps between each character that I am constantly trying to read quickly though certain books to get back to one that focuses on a favourite, yet J.R Ward has managed to write in enough of all the vampires in the books that I want to find out more about the others, as well as quenching the thirst for the favourites - in fact I get the feeling that the more I read of these books, I won't have a favourite vampire as I'll love them all!

I really enjoyed that towards the end of this book, it becomes apparent that the next book might follow straight on with the introduction to Zsadist's story, and even though he appears to be the coldest and most menacing vampire of the group, already I can't wait for his story thanks to the last few chapters of Lover Eternal.

I read this book in one day, it was a real can't-put-it-down read, and as the first in the series was the same, I think I am going to get through the rest of the series just as quick thanks to J.R.Wards fantastic writing skills.

Links

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35729.Lover_Eternal

http://www.jrward.com/

Purchase Links

Amazon UK Lover Eternal: Number 2 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood)

Amazon US http://www.amazon.com/Lover-Eternal-Black-Dagger-Brotherhood/dp/0451218043/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375611186&sr=8-1&keywords=lover+eternal

B&N http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lover-eternal-j-r-ward/1100315358?ean=9780451218049

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.