Sunday 24 November 2013

Crash Into You ARC review

Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)Crash into You by Katie McGarry

Book Synopsis

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life - that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

Let me just start by saying.. while it states up there in the blurb that this is "an explosive new tale" this is actually the third book in the Pushing The Limits series. Something I didn't realise until I moved this book to my currently reading shelf on Goodreads. I must have confused this one with a book from a different series because I was ecstatic when I received the email inviting me to request it on NetGalley, and was more than a little disappointed when I realised that I hadn't actually read the first books in the series. But here's the thing, it's the third book in this series and at the time of typing this up I'm over half way through the story and I haven't felt like anything is missing, I don't feel like I have missed important facts about either of the main characters and I am fully able to enjoy the story. So while it may be the third book in a series, and while it may read better having read the first two books I can assure you that you do not need to have read the first two books before reading this one.

This is my first Katie McGarry book and as such I had no idea what to expect. The synopsis of the book did draw me in and I can honestly say there was no part of the book that made me wish I had picked up something else instead. I loved the switching of POV from Isaiah and Rachel, sometimes when the story is told from only one persons perspective you can have a whole lot of story that doesn't get told.

From the very first page I was drawn to Isaiah, I
wantedneeded to know more about him. But for me the real draw of this book was Rachel. My heart broke for her on more than one occasion. Here we have a young girl who is terrified of living her life the way she wants to because her entire family depend on her to keep the family happy. She has so much pressure forced on to her from every single member of her family it's no wonder she suffers from panic attacks. The personal growth that this character goes through is amazing, but it's not all magic and sunshine, it doesn't happen overnight just because a boy likes her. McGarry has done a wonderful job in helping Rachel conquer her fears, claim her life, set her family free AND get the boy without making her come across as a real Mary Sue type.

I now need to run off and find the first two books in this series so I can get caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.