Wednesday 26 February 2014

Forbidden review


The team-spirit sign by the side of the highway seems a good omen to loner Morgan Walsh, as he drives to what could be the most important visit of his life — a chance to join the North American Pack. Then he wakes naked in the woods, surrounded by wolf tracks and a ring of suspicious cops. The situation only gets worse when he’s bailed out by Alpha-elect Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers, her terrifying enforcer and mate.

Disappointed that such a promising young werewolf risked exposing them, Elena isn’t expecting anything from the pesky retrieval job except some much-needed alone time with Clay. Instead, she finds a different kind of evil stalking the streets and forests of Westwood, New York. Trapped in town by a snowstorm and sabotage, Elena, Clay and Morgan must find the mysterious threat before it sets its sights on them.
Shona's review 5 of 5 stars 
So I was scrolling through my Amazon wish list in the run up to Christmas looking over the things I had wished for but hadn't gotten round to buying when I saw Forbidden sitting there. Now I am a HUGE Kelley Armstrong fan. I don't have the words to describe how much I love her Otherworld series.. but it's the kind of love that has made me harass my husband into reading the series so that when I'm reading a book I can share the funnies with him.. and talk about my Clay obsession. When I saw this on my wish list and I realised I had no idea what it was about beyond the fact that Kelley Armstrong wrote it. So when I saw that it was not only set in the Otherworld but did in fact feature Elena and Clay I knew I just had to buy it.

I will be honest and admit that it has been a while since I read Frostbitten, so I had completely forgotten who Morgan was and only vaguely remembered his character appearing. But everything you need to know about him for the purposes of this book is provided in this book. Forbidden features all the elements that we have come to expect from Armstrong. Despite starting from a strangers POV I was immediately drawn into the story and settled into it with ease. It really was like a conversation with an old friend, or coming home after a long trip away. Being a novella there is only so much you can fit in, but Armstrong does her best to give us as much as possible. We get Elena and Clay, fun, mystery, Clay, pack, life with twins, Elena adjusting to her new role as Alpha Elect, and did I mention Clay

So lets talk about my Clay obsession for just a little bit. Why do I love him so? It could be his wolfy persona, it could be his love for Elena which has always shone through in their books despite mostly being told from Elena's POV, but mostly I think its because of his no BS attitude as featured in the below quote... Yes this is one of those moments where I laughed out loud and I made my husband stop what he was doing just so he could listen to 'another Clay funny'.
“So we have time to kill?”
“Yes,” I said, stepping into our room. “Yes, we do.”
“You want to go grab something at the diner? Food’s good.”
“Why don’t you do that. We’re going to take a nap.”
“He’s not five, darling.” Clay turned to Morgan. “You need to get lost so we can have sex.”
Morgan backed away fast, muttering that he’d return at dusk.
“Subtle,” I said to Clay as Morgan hurried off.
“Subtle wasn’t working.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.