Sunday 23 March 2014

Review: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)
Elena Michaels is a werewolf. She tries to be human, but the man whose bite changed her existence forever, and his legacy, continue to haunt her. Thrown into a desperate war for survival that tests her allegiance to a secret clan of werewolves, Elena must reconsider who and what she is.

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars


This was my very first book by Kelley Armstrong, a book that I read almost 4 years ago. It was recommended to me by a friend, at the time there was 10 of the books in the series released. I bought this one and loved it so much that I ran out and bought the next 9 books and I haven't looked back ever since.

I was surprised with how much of the story I had actually forgotten. I mean I knew the outline, I thought I knew where all the punches lay... but apparently you can forget a lot in 4 years and on more than one occasion I was blindsided. The thing that surprised me (and didn't surprise me) was Clay and how i reacted to him in this book. For those who don't know, I love Clay.. would-fight-Elena-to-the-bloody-death love Clay but when I first read Bitten I didn't really like him. I always loved his wolfy nature but reading it this time he seemed to be much more vulnerable than I remembered.

I love Elena, her life within the pack is so different to how I imagined it would be from the blurb. She is one of those super strong characters that despite not feeling strong all the time, she is able to push through with a show of bravado until she can take control of the situation and feel strong again. The true fake it til you make it moments.

Finally, I love Armstrong's Otherworld. This world that exists alongside ours but kept secret from the humans.


Links

Find Kelley Armstrong on Facebook or her Website or Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.