Wednesday 18 June 2014

Review: Kat Scratched by D.T. Dyllin

Kat Scratched
It’s tough being a cat in a dog eat dog world. Something that Katrina Walker learned the hard way being a were-cat raised by a pack of werewolves. And after her taboo love affair with the future Alpha is discovered, Kat has no choice but to leave the only home and man she’s ever loved behind for good. Or so she thought…
Seven years later Kat is forced to return to pack lands and the man she left behind. But Jason Benson has changed, and so has she. Will she find her way back into the arms of her first love, or will James, the mysterious were-cat wriggle his way into her heart?

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

I kind of worry that people are going to start looking at these reviews and assume that I’m only giving them 5 stars because they are written by DT Dyllin, but seriously there isnt anything this woman has written that I have read and haven’t loved, if you haven’t read any of her work yet you should totally give it a go. You wont be disappointed.

The only thing I knew about the books before I picked them up was that she had written them. Once I realised Kat was a were-leopard I was rather excited, I haven’t read about were-cats before and while I can’t compare them to other were-cat stories I can say I am loving Dyllin’s take on them.

As is usual with Dyllin’s work, the story is written in a way that just draws the reader in right from the very first page. I don’t even know how to describe her writing style, but it feels like coming home, like a conversation with an old friend. even in a brand new series with new characters. I fell into the story with ease and before I knew it I was half way through the book. If it wasn’t for the fact that I do actually need sleep I would have happily sat up through the night to finish it.

Kat is equally as strong and confident in her capabilities and power as a were-leopard as she is insecure about her looks (which probably comes from being raised in a pack of Werewolves) and it gives us a very likeable character who reminds me a lot of myself (and a lot of other women I know). I can’t say I’m a fan of all the choices that Kat makes, but you can tell she’s doing what she thinks/feels is right. Her taste in men seems to be impeccable. Jason is every bit the Alpha male, but he has a vulnerable edge to him which comes as a result of Kat leaving him all those years ago. And while in other characters I might think his insecurities and jealousy would be a turn off for this man it has the opposite effect. It most definitely makes him more appealing. And while James may not be Alpha he certainly has his own attractive qualities.. who can resist a man who swears he will be there for you, making sure you are safe always. Especially one who is also physically appealing. I was almost begging Kat to forget about Jason.

There are a few twists and turns along the way. Moments when I thought I knew for sure what was going to happen only to be proven wrong. Dyllin is not predictable in her work. Even as the book draws to a close we are still leaning about our main characters and being knocked sideways by revelations we just did not see coming.

Book links


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.