Wednesday 4 June 2014

Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)She doesn't see dead people, but...

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

OK so lets be really honest here. I screwed up. Big time. You see I found this book almost a year ago, right after getting my iPhone. I was busy playing with all the features and found the iBook store where this was listed for free. I downloaded it just to have a little play around and I ended up reading the first chapter. Which I LOVED but.. I was in the middle of reading something else and I just can't read two books at once so I promised myself I would read this just as soon as I was finished with my other book. I even told my friend about it, she then went out and got all the books in the series and has raved ever since about how much she enjoyed it and moans every time she mentions it when I admit to still not having read them. SO here I am, a year later having finally read this book in just a few short hours and I cant believe it has taken me so long to get to it.
I wasn't kidding when I said I read this in a few short hours. I picked this up before bed, ended up sitting up for a couple of hours longer than I should have, and then devoured the rest of the book first thing in the morning.

I loved the interaction between Kaylee and Nash, I too eyed him mistrust in the beginning.. And then just as I was beginning to warm to him I realised he knew more about Kaylee's situation than he was letting on and the mistrust rose its ugly head again. There where a few moments where I knew where a particular plot line was headed but then there was twists I didn't see coming. On more than one occasion I was blindsided by an emotional scene. One minute I was crying over a scene I had seen coming, was just drying my tears and then BAM! right into another emotional scene that had my tears flowing again.

This story didn't end on a cliffhanger and I suppose you could read it as a standalone if you wanted to. But I can't honestly see why you would want to. I have the rest of the series on my kindle and I have every intention of reading them all til their done.

Book Links


Follower Links

Goodreads  /  Website  /  Facebook  /  Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.