Friday 1 August 2014

Review: Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11)
From #1 New York Times bestseller Kresley Cole comes this gripping tale of a battle-maddenend warrior driven by revenge and the Valkyrie temptress who haunts his dreams.
He Vowed He'd Come For Her...
Murdered before he could wed Regin the Radiant, warlord Aidan the Fierce seeks his beloved through eternity, reborn again and again into new identities, yet with no memory of his past lives.
She Awaits His Return...
When Regin encounters Declan Chase, a brutal Celtic soldier, she recognizes her proud warlord reincarnated. But Declan takes her captive, intending retribution against all immortals—unaware that he belongs to their world.
To Sate A Desire More Powerful Than Death...
Yet every reincarnation comes with a price, for Aidan is doomed to die when he remembers his past. To save herself from Declan’s torments, will Regin rekindle memories of the passion they once shared—even if it means once again losing the only man she could ever love?

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

The book opens with Regin first meeting Aidan back when she was just a girl and still mortal. And this guy pissed me off. I mean yeah ok he wanted to protect the girl he sensed would grow to become 'his woman' but still. He pissed me off. And I loved that Regin left him. The girl has sass by the bucket load and she's 12!

I have to admit that Declan Chase did not endear himself to me either.. we met him in the last book of the series 'Demon from the Dark' and I didn't like him then but I really didn't like him now, not even when we find out what happened in his past. I wanted to reach inside the book and punch him in the...... well you get the message. However, as the book progressed he started to grow on me.

We've had glimpses of Regin in other books before and I love her (not like I love Nix) she's amazing. To see this side of her, falling in love, being hurt (both emotionally and physically) is great. I cant imagine what it must be like for her to watch the man she's destined for, die every time they get close... There was a point where I truly hoped Declan would die and reincarnate for her to get the man she deserved.... and then I found myself breaking down at the thought that she might actually lose this man. 

When an author can make you change your opinion of a character so much you know they are amazing. I borrowed the first 2 books in this series from the library, I enjoyed them so much I bought the entire collection on ebook but as the series has gone on I have realised how much I love it and so I have been purchasing the paperback versions too. Cole has definitely made it into my 'must buy' list of authors. If you havent started this series yet you really should. You wont be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.