Monday 8 September 2014

ARC Review: The Space in Between by Jen Minkman


The Space In BetweenWhen Moira helps out her sister and brother in a Wiccan ritual on Halloween, the last thing she expects is to be swept away to a mystical wilderness. Sitting within the stones of the ancient circle of Penmaenmawr, Wales, she's convinced it's an illusion. But the dark-haired, handsome man with amnesia that Moira meets during her trance cannot be blinked away like a dream.
Hayko, the mysterious stranger, won’t let go. After returning home from her stone circle adventure, Moira is beckoned back night after night to the outlandish dreamland by an invisible force. But the hardest part isn't having to fight the terrifying creatures of these nightmares--it's realizing she’s falling for a guy without a past who isn’t real.
What if you really can fall in love with the man of your dreams?

Shona's review 4 of 5 stars

I was offered a copy of this book to read and review from the author as I had previously reviewed her book Shadow of Time. To be honest I didn't read the book synopsis, I remembered Minkman had done a great job with the imagery in Shadow of Time which I loved so I agreed right away.

I thought the book started out a little slow, not a yawning OMG when will this pick up slow, but rather it eased you into the characters and their surroundings. There was no rush to fill the early chapters with long drawn out passages of back story, instead we learn about Moira and her friends and family as the story progresses. Moira was an easy character to like, she accepted people for who they are without judgement, which is why I struggled to understand why she was with someone like Patrick. I knew from the very beginning I didn't like Patrick.

I will be honest and admit that it took me several days to read this, that was my fault, for not being able to find time to sit down and read. So I set aside a whole day to dedicate to finishing this. Once I was able to sit for more than a few minutes I devoured the book, I found that I couldn't step away and had to read on until the books conclusion. 

Minkman once again does a great job with creating a piece of writing that has the reader believing they could be there witnessing the scenes unfold for themselves without overloading you with descriptive text. She provides the perfect mix between fantasy, paranormal, romance and mystery. 


Book Links

Add it on Goodreads
Buy it today on Amazon UK or Amazon US

Follower Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.