Saturday 13 September 2014

Rome Review


Sometimes the wrong choice can be just right . . .

Fun and fearless, Cora Lewis knows how to keep her tattooed "bad boy" friends at the Marked in line. But beneath all that flash and sass is a broken heart. Cora won't let herself get burned again. She's waiting to fall in love with the perfect man—a baggage-free, drama-free guy ready for commitment. Then she meets Rome Archer.

Rome Archer is as far from perfect as a man can be. He's stubborn, rigid, and bossy. And he's returned from his final tour of duty more than a little broken. Rome's used to filling many roles: big brother, doting son, supersoldier—but none of those fit anymore. Now he's just a man trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life while keeping the dark demons of war and loss at bay. He would have been glad to suffer through it alone, until Cora comes sweeping into his life and becomes a blinding flash of color in a sea of gray.Perfect may not be in the cards, but perfectly imperfect could just last forever . . .




Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars


This is the second time I have reviewed this book as I felt I owed it more that I did the first time. When I first read Rome I was given a copy courtesy of Harper Collins in exchange of an honest review in which I gave. However this is book 4 in the Marked Men series and although you can read the book as a standalone, it works so much better when you read them in order. After reading both Rome book 3 and Nash book 4, I then purchased books 1 Rule and 2 Jet, and the preceded to read the series in order and this has changed my opinion on this book.

When I first reviewed Rome I gave it 4 out of 5 Stars (My original review is posted below) I found it difficult to get into and I think a bit part of this was because I didn't know the background of these characters as I do now from reading them in the correct order, and words cannot express how much I love this series of books! In fact as well as having the e-books I have also purchased all of them in paperback as well and have book 5 on pre-order! The Archers boys are amazing and you cannot help but love them! Rome and Cora are so well suited and I hope to see how things progress with them as the series continues! After now reading 5 of Jay Crownovers books, I think it is fair to say she has got herself a fan for life and I will without a doubt be making sure I read everything she writes from here on :)


My Original Review 4 of 5 Stars January 2014
Rome for me is a difficult one to review. To begin with I found the story hard to get into and 20% through the book I wasn't sure whether to continue, but I pushed on and ended up loving it! I found the relationship between Rome and Cora rather predictable and the whole book I could pretty much predict what was going to happen, however it was so well written I found myself draw into continuing to read it. Parts of the book even though I found predictable even reduced me to a blubbering wreck!
I will definitely have to read the 2 other 'Marked Men' books prior to this. Although you can read this as a standalone I am intrigued to learn more about the other characters in the book and find out more of the history.
There is an 'event' happening throughout the book which is disappointing it doesn't happen in this book, as it would have been great to see how Rome and Cora would have coped. Lets hope its played out in the next book and not just skimmed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.