Wednesday 15 July 2015

Review: The Missing Husband by Amanda Brooke

The Missing Husband
The next stunning novel from Richard and Judy pick, Amanda Brooke
When Jo pretends to be asleep as her husband leaves for work the morning after an argument, she doesn’t realise how deeply she will come to regret the opportunity to say goodbye. By nightfall, her life has changed irrevocably.
David has disappeared and there doesn’t seem to be any trace of him. But Jo is five months pregnant and her marriage is full of secrets – not least, David’s unwillingness to start a family.
As the mystery around David’s disappearance shows no sign of being solved, Jo must choose: will she give up her baby to make the man she loves come home?

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

Almost 2 years ago I read my very first Amanda Brooke novel, Another Way to Fall, it grabbed me so completely that when I saw this book was coming out I knew I had to get it. I didn't even stop to read the blurb. All I needed to know was that it was written by Brooke, and as such promised to be gripping. And it was. Once I opened this book I was unable to step away from Jo's story. I just couldn't do it. I started this book in the early afternoon and I read continuously until I had devoured every single page.

I've had several hours to process what I read and try and somehow figure out how I can sum it up in a review and I just cant. This book will have you changing your mind about certain characters so many times you will have whiplash. Like Jo you're not quite sure who to trust, who to believe or who to side with, At one point I actually thought Jo might be responsible for her husbands disappearance....

Brooke has written a wonderful tale of love, family, loss and betrayal. One that I will recommend to friends and family and will without a doubt read again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.