Wednesday 12 August 2015

Author Interview: Lady J

Lady J's Debut novel Forever Marked is one you won't want to miss. It's got love, adventure, and danger.

If you were a marked woman, how far would you run? At only 23 years old, Ellora's life is turned upside down. She captures the unwanted attention of a dangerously ruthless man, who'll stop at nothing until he possesses her. Haunted by nightmares of the brutal attack she survived, Ellora flees the country desperate to hide. But, the longer she runs the deeper his obsession grows. Behr is a hard working bachelor who's life is stuck on repeat. Every single day is filled with the same people, and the same routine. That is, until a beautiful stranger stumbles into the local pub and into his heart. Even though he's immediately drawn to her raven black hair and deep green eyes... he knows she's hiding a secret. One he's determined to uncover. Can Ellora stay safe in this small harbor town? Or Has the twisted game of cat and mouse, just begun?
But I want you to get to know this fantastic lady behind the story.

Lady J's Bio

I grew up in Upstate NY, but my heart belongs in Arizona. If given the chance, I'd gladly trade in frost burn, for sun burn! I speak in movie quotes ALL the time. Seriously, it might be considered a sickness by now ;) I absolutely love the sound of others laughing. So I'll try to get you to do just that!

I love coffee, peanut butter cups, and OF COURSE reading!
I grew up causing all kinds of trouble with my twin sister/partner in crime.
My wild over-exaggerated story telling grew, along with my love for reading. With the support of my hubby and the encouragement of my womb mate, I put pen to paper, and let my imagination take over.
I am an author currently working on the release of my debut novel. Forever Marked is a romantic suspense, and the first book in a series. I enjoy reading all genres. Paranormal, thriller, romantic suspense, dystopian.... You name it!

Interview Q&A

1. Was there anything particular that inspired you to start your journey of being an author?

Yes. My twin sister, quite literally, kicked my butt in gear to start writing. I had some written chapters and ideas but she inspired me to finish it. To keep it up.

2. What would you say is the hardest part of writing/publishing a book for you?
Writing was an absolute joy. The hard part for me, is the tech side of publishing a book. Author pages, converting my work into PDF or Mobi... Ugh! Technology hates my guts. Oh yeah... Blurbs. I despise writing blurbs. They always end up too long.

3. If you could only read four books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
This is a hard one. There are so many I love. #4 Harry Potter box set by J.K. Rowling (I know that's more than one. Naah naah nuh boo boo) #3 The Stand by Steven King #2 Swan Song by Robert McCammon #1 The Bible

4. Do you and your main female character share any personality traits?
Yes. I am a very un lady-like, tomboy. I hate wearing dresses and skirts. I fall over in heels. I'd rather wear jeans and fitted t's with hiking boots. I love being outdoors.

5. If you could live in any book what book which would it be?
When I was a kid my answer would've been The Never Ending Story by Michael Ende, English translation by Ralph Manheim. So I'm sticking with that answer. ;-)

6. Where do your ideas for your books come from? Dreams? Music?
Forever Marked came to me as a very intense dream. The very first paragraph in the book was actually in my dream. My whole family has very bizarre and detailed dreams that we love to compare to one another. But this dream was reoccurring. I wrote chunks of the details down when I woke. The title itself was a sentence in the book that wrote itself. After writing this book, the characters themselves burst forth with their own stories demanding to be told. They inspired me to write the second book in the series Forever Marked: Beyond Redemption.

7. Any advice for aspiring authors?
Oh Boy, where do I start... BACK UP YOUR WORK. My computer crashed halfway through FM and lost everything. I had to start all over again because I didn't. Find and join a small private group of indie writers who are more than willing to help, give advice, answer questions, and support you on your journey. I did. The love, support and friendships I've made have truly inspired and enriched my life. I can't imagine going a day without talking to them. Shout out to my chicken soup ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.