Thursday 20 August 2015

The Missing Husband Review

The Missing HusbandThe Missing Husband by Amanda Brooke

The next stunning novel from Richard and Judy pick, Amanda Brooke

When Jo pretends to be asleep as her husband leaves for work the morning after an argument, she doesn’t realise how deeply she will come to regret the opportunity to say goodbye. By nightfall, her life has changed irrevocably.

David has disappeared and there doesn’t seem to be any trace of him. But Jo is five months pregnant and her marriage is full of secrets – not least, David’s unwillingness to start a family.

As the mystery around David’s disappearance shows no sign of being solved, Jo must choose: will she give up her baby to make the man she loves come home?

Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars

After reading a previous book by Amanda Brooke, I jumped at the chance to read this one, and just like the previous book, I was glued from the first page. The Missing Husband is the story of Jo, who after an argument with her husband, he leaves for work the following morning, and despite a few text messages doesn't return home.
Now to be truthful I never found myself warming to Jo. From the beginning I found her very selfish and self centred. Don't get me wrong, I felt all the pain she was going through and understood why she behaved how she did but I just couldn't warm to her like I have other characters. Even so this is a very gripping story which keeps you guessing to the very end. A very well written story which must be read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.