Friday 4 December 2015

Review: Leveled by Jay Crownover

Leveled (Saints of Denver, #0.5)
We all need a hero...let the Saints of Denver begin
Orlando Frederick knows what it is to be leveled by pain. Instead of focusing on his own, he’s made it his mission to help others: sports stars, wounded war vets, survivors of all kinds. But when Dom, a rugged, damaged, sinfully attractive cop, makes his way into Lando’s physical therapy practice, he might be the biggest challenge yet. Lando loved one stubborn man before and barely survived the fallout. He’s not sure he can do it again.
Dominic Voss is a protector. The police badge he wears is not only his job, it’s his identity, so when he’s sidelined because of an injury, the only thing he cares about is getting back on the force. He expects Lando to mend his body, he just doesn’t realize the trainer will also have him working toward a hell of a lot more. As attraction simmers and flares, Dom sees that Lando needs repair of his own...if only the man will let him close enough to mend what's broken.

Kerry's 5 of 5 stars

I wasn't even sure if I was going to buy this book as it was M/M and I have only read one other book like this it was so beautifully written I didn't want anything to spoil it, I'm sure glad I bought it though. The way Jay has handled the story was amazing beautifully and tastefully written but damn HOT!
Lando and Dom are perfect for each other both broken by major events in their lives they need each other to heal and move on together so that they can both be happy.
I only bought this book 3 hours ago and I devoured it in one sitting (helps my son is at school and I have totally ignored all cleaning for the day) but it just draws you in the little back stories in Lando's job were a nice touch although I had tears in my eyes when reading about the 12 year old girl.
Not going to go on and on about it as this is Dom and Lando's story but was really good to see the Marked boys and when Lando went for lunch at the Archers it makes you happy knowing everyone is moving on.
Total 5 star book from Jay again! I don't think she can write anything else! Now just the long wait for Built to come out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.