Thursday 7 January 2016

Review: Beauty and the Biker by Glenna Maynard


Tristian Vandacamp wants nothing more than for Isabella to remember the past they once shared.
"She can't remember and I can't forget." ~Tristian
Isabella Perez wants nothing more than to survive paying the debt owed by her father to a notorious biker.
"He is my captor and I am his pet. I’m the beauty and he’s the beast. My father made a deal with the devil and now it is up to me to pay his dues." ~Isabella

Clare's Review: 5 of 5 stars

I picked this story up after seeing it advertised just because I thought it sounded good! It was very very good! This is a very modern take on the old classic Beauty and the Beast and the main characters were exactly that, a beautiful young woman and a deeply haunted tattooed young man, hence Beauty and the Beast.
The circumstances in which these two young people meet is interesting, the 'beast' Tristan manipulates the situation so he can have 'beauty' Isabella under his roof, he clearly loves her desperately but at the same time he wants her to hurt like he does. Rather than feeling anger at Tristan for wanting Isabella to hurt, I really felt like I hurt alongside him, this situation was in actual fact very sad and desperate and I genuinely felt both character's pain. The ending was more of a shock but it explained the whole story so well. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was well written and had me drawn in right from the beginning, I will be reading more from this author very very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.