Monday 8 February 2016

Author Interview: D.T Dyllin

In the intervew seat today we have the lovely DT Dyllin, she writes both paranormal and contemporary romance. Anything with a love story is her kryptonite. Her obsession with affairs-of-the-heart is what first drove her to begin twisting her own tales of scorching romance.
D.T. was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Black & Gold for life, baby!) She now lives in Little Rock, Arkansas with her husband and two spoiled German Shepherds.

Author Links

Website  /  Twitter  


Hello and welcome to Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Was there anything particular that inspired you to start your journey of being an author?
I’m not so sure I remember any more. I’ve always loved books, and of course reading. I guess it was inevitable that I would eventually become a writer, even if I fought the notion at first.

What would you say is the hardest part of writing/publishing a book for you?
The friggin’ blurb. I hate writing blurbs. *bangs head against wall just thinking about it * I mean, how the hell am I supposed to sum up an entire novel in a few paragraphs without giving anything away—but still sound intriguing? How? Seriously… I don’t think a good blurb exists. I’ve never read one. It’s either over share or under share. *grumbles *

If you could only read four books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Only four?? Wow. This is going to be tough. Ummm…
1) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2) Dracula by Bram Stoker
3) Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
4) A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole

Do you and your main character share any personality traits?
According to my mom, (She’s actually commented on this extensively.) the one thing I have in common with all of my characters is my sarcasm, and snarky attitude. I have a very dark sense of humor too, which most of my main characters share as well.

If you could live in any book what book would it be?
Nope. I see problems with living in any of the books I enjoy, even the four I listed above.

Pride and Prejudice: Lack of modern conveniences. No thank you.

Dracula: I don’t want my throat to be ripped out. Maybe if I could be the ripper. But then the guilt. Heh.

Anne of Green Gables: Again, lack of modern conveniences.

A Hunger Like No Other: I don’t enjoy worrying about my life ending suddenly and violently. I’ll pass.

Where do your ideas for your books come from? Dreams? Music?
My booky ideas come from dreams, music…pretty much everywhere. Recently, I came up with a new series idea triggered by a pre-made book cover done by Lindsay Tiry of L.T. Arts. (Insert shameless plug here: She does all of my book covers and is amazing! If you need a cover check her out! ) Of course I immediately bought the cover and started writing.

Any advice for aspiring authors?
Follow your gut, and create the story you want to write. Don’t stop until you love it, even if everyone else already does. In the end, the only person’s opinion that really matters is your own. Outside praise is empty…although welcome. LOL!

N-Day (M-Day #3)

Isabelle Jenkins has always been a sucker for romance…in love with love. Despite the advent of M-Day, she found her place beside Brandon, a scientist looking for a cure to the virus that causes I-Men. When Brandon is ripped away from her, Izzy is forced to face the reality that maybe she’s been living her life in a bubble of denial. After her loss, Izzy decides that it’s time for a brand new life. No longer will she be stupid and weak… No longer will the belief in love weaken her. But her new life brings an uninfected man who has different plans for her. Will Ty be able to break past the walls Izzy has erected? Or will Izzy decide taking a second chance at love isn’t worth the risk of losing it again?

*If you haven't started this series yet then you should as the 4th instalment is scheduled to be released in April this year, so now is the time to get caught up.*

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.