Tuesday 31 May 2016

Review: Southern Sweets by Cori Williams

Southern Sweets (Midnight #1.5)
Sugar and spice don’t always play nice.
Amelia Emerson learned that the hard way after her heart had already been snatched straight from her chest and what was done couldn’t be undone. But Tanner made his choice and there’s no turning back from the hurt that he caused. She’s left dealing with the aftermath and trying to juggle this new life she’s been handed. Worn down, she struggles to gain back the confidence that she once had. But when life takes another sharp turn, will she be able to let go and start fresh? Or is the pain too unbearable to forget?

This is the follow up to Midnight Ballerina, Amelia's story. It can also be read as a standalone.

Kerry's Review 3 of 5 stars

I really liked this book, although at time's I wanted to scream and throw my kindle across the room in frustration with Tanner and Amelia. I actually thought they would never get their happy ending and I wouldn't be shocked if they never. I was really confused when Tanner finished things with Amelia for the second time, and as for doctor Dan! What a jerk! I could use other words but I will keep it clean.
All in all I really liked the story and the characters I especially loved little Paisley she was just adorable..There was enough banter and funny moments to keep it light with all the drama and tragedy that was in this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.