Wednesday 6 July 2016

Review: Bright Side by Kim Holden

Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
Secrets.
Everyone has one.
Some are bigger than others.
And when secrets are revealed,
Some will heal you ...
And some will end you.

Kate Sedgwick’s life has been anything but typical. She’s endured hardship and tragedy, but throughout it all she remains happy and optimistic (there’s a reason her best friend Gus calls her Bright Side). Kate is strong-willed, funny, smart, and musically gifted. She’s also never believed in love. So when Kate leaves San Diego to attend college in the small town of Grant, Minnesota, the last thing she expects is to fall in love with Keller Banks.

They both feel it.
But they each have a reason to fight it.
They each have a secret.

And when secrets are revealed,
Some will heal you …
And some will end you.

Kerry's 5 out of 5 star review

I was told to read this book by a friend and I am so glad she recommended it even though this book broke my heart. I try to stay away from books that don't have a HEA and in my opinion this is one of them books. First of all I will start by saying I loved each and every person in this book, they were so loveable its unreal.
Kate's back story is heartbreaking from her sister to her mother I just wanted to give her a hug, but she never let anything stop her living every day to it's fullest. This I loved so much about her, she was strong and independent it's so refreshing to read about someone like this as it makes you want to be like her. Gus oh where to start with him! Total good guy next door I am so glad that Kate and Grace had him and his mum for support. I feel bad for him a little bit as it was totally obvious he loved Kate more as a friend she just obviously didn't feel that way about him.
This book has so much heartbreaking stories in it I am glad that there was plenty of laugh out loud moment's to balance it all out or I would never have finished for all the crying I was doing. Speaking of crying Kellar! Oh me without giving too much away he is amazing I love how he has the support system around him to achieve what he want's to. I really hope we hear more about him in the next book, I feel like his story isn't finished yet.
All in all I am glad I read this book even if it did break my heart. I will be recommending it to anyone who will listen to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.