Tuesday 18 October 2016

Review: The Day I Lost You by Fionnuala Kearney

The Day I Lost YouThe Day I Lost You by Fionnuala Kearney

‘Incredibly moving, it’s beautifully written and page-turning’ Susan Lewis

‘A heart-stopping read’ Anna McPartlin, author of Richard and Judy book club pick, The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

THE DAY I LOST YOU WAS THE DAY I DISCOVERED I NEVER REALLY KNEW YOU

When Jess’s daughter, Anna, is reported lost in an avalanche, everything changes.

Jess’s first instinct is to protect Rose, Anna’s five-year-old daughter. But then she starts to uncover Anna’s other life - unearthing a secret that alters their whole world irrevocably . . .

THE DAY I LOST YOU WAS THE DAY YOU TORE OUR FAMILY APART

The perfect emotional and absorbing story for fans of Jojo Moyes and David Nicholls.


Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars


The only word I can think of to describe this book is 'WOW'!!!!

From the first chapter, I was hooked into Jess's life and her grief with her daughter missing, and struggling to come to terms with everything as well as looking after her granddaughter Rose. This book is so well written that you just keep needing to turn the pages to see what is going to happen!

I did manage to guess the twist quite early on, but it didn't hinder my enjoyment at all! In fact, I shouted 'I knew it!' When all was revealed!

A fantastic, emotional and heartbreaking read! I cannot recommend this enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.