Friday 10 March 2017

Review: a Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

A Thousand Boy KissesOne kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe.When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?Rune's heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.A stand-alone young adult tearjerker romance, recommended for ages fourteen and up.

Claire's Review 4 of 5 Stars


I really enjoyed this book, although it took me a while to read it. The story revolves around a glass jar, filled with paper hearts that is given to Poppy by her Grandmother before she passes away, to fill with a thousand boy kisses. The story then follows the relationship of Poppy and Rune, who first meet at the age of five and become best friends, and eventually dating until at the age of fifteen Rune gets forced to move away to Norway for his Dads job. Fast forward two years and Rune and his family have returned but both Poppy and Rune have both changed in those years apart.

I had very high expectations from this book after hearing lots of amazing things and I really did enjoy it but I didn't find it the highly emotional read like some did. I loved the relationship between Poppy and rune but at times I found it very cheesy, although the amazing way it was written saved that for me a bit. My only other issue was with the ending as I think I would have liked to have seen Rune move on with his life and fill his jar of hearts like Poppy requested and that he would go on to live a long and happy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.