Monday 28 August 2017

Review: Blood to Dust by L.J. Shen

Blood to DustHis name is Beat, and I should hate him.

Bound, blindfolded and bruised, I'm tied in his basement, waiting for the men who stripped me from clothes and humanity to collect his debt to them. Me.

His name is Nate and I should hate him, but I don't.

I'm not supposed to know his real name, even worse, I'm not supposed to care. He is nothing to me but means to an end. The plan is simple: break free, collect the pieces of my broken soul, kill the bastards and run away.

His name is Nathaniel Thomas Vela, and I've never seen his face, though I hear that it's beautiful.

Behind the rugged and handsome exterior, there's a quiet murderer, a killer who thinks guns are for pussies and ends people with his bare hands.

His name doesn't matter, neither does his face, but what does matter is my heart. And right now, sadly, it's his.

Blood to Dust is a standalone, full-length novel. It contains graphic violence and adult situations some may find offensive.


Clare's Review 5 of 5 Stars


As a long time fan of L. J.Shen, I expected nothing more than a brilliant and well-written story and I was floored from the very beginning.

This is a heartbreaking boy meets girl story without any of the typical 'let's fall in love and live happily ever after'. When Beat meets Prescott it is obvious from the beginning that he is not your average thug, but neither is he a fool to be underestimated. Prescott, in the same way, is also not your typical, privileged, spoilt little rich girl. Both these characters are so well written, they are unique to themselves but with similarities that are often sad and painful.

The story follows their journey as they meet, grow and eventually change and connect with each other for the better and for the same goals.

I read this entire book in one sitting, completely enthralled by the moments of heartbreak, stolen happiness and clarity followed by an incredibly well written ending. The ending tied in beautifully with the tone of the story and finished the book perfectly.

A highly recommended read for fans and new readers alike.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.