Thursday 31 August 2017

Review: Elusive by L.A. Fiore

Elusive (Shipwreck, #1)
didn’t set out to be a pirate.
Life for me was about surviving the ugliness that people knew existed but didn’t talk about.
I lived in hell.
Then I saw her.
I knew I couldn’t keep her, but for just a little while I had found heaven.
Eight years later, I can’t get her out of my head.
It is a mistake sailing to her island.
It is a mistake reaching out to her.
She doesn’t recognize me. Or maybe she does.
Closure, it is all I’m after.
Then my past comes back to haunt me.
She’s thrust into my ruthless world. An angel.
A romantic who has a journal that leads to a shipwreck and a lost treasure.
She’s wants to find the ending to a love story that is over two hundred years in the making.
I want to help her find it.
I didn’t set out to be a pirate.
I didn’t set out to fall in love with an angel.
I did both anyway.

Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars


Wow! This is my first book by LA Fiore and won't be my last.

This story is about Willow and Noah (and Kace), Noah is a modern day pirate and Willow is a diver with dreams of exploring and finding the remains of a lost ship.

When I read the blurb I knew straight away that I had to read this book! I mean PIRATES! How many modern day books are there that include pirates?!! This did, on one hand, worry me and I wondered how the pirates would be portrayed and had images of a modernised Jack Sparrow. Luckily my worries didn't come true!

This story has a bit of everything! Both characters have such different backgrounds yet both have suffered in different ways. There were many times where I wish I could reach into the book and give Willow a hug, especially when she was rejected by her own parents.

Willow and Noah are perfect for one another despite everything they understand what each other needs and the love they have for each other jumps out from the pages.

A fantastic read that I cannot recommend enough, and I cannot wait to read the next book in this series!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.