Thursday 21 December 2017

Review: LIES By T.M Logan

LiesWHAT IF YOUR WHOLE LIFE WAS BASED ON LIES?
When Joe Lynch stumbles across his wife driving into a hotel car park while she's supposed to be at work, he's intrigued enough to follow her in.

And when he witnesses her in an angry altercation with family friend Ben, he knows he ought to intervene.

But just as the confrontation between the two men turns violent, and Ben is knocked unconscious, Joe's young son has an asthma attack - and Joe must flee in order to help him.

When he returns, desperate to make sure Ben is OK, Joe is horrified to find that Ben has disappeared.

And that's when Joe receives the first message . . .


Ikira's Review 5 of 5 stars

What a story teller T.M Logan is. With a title like this, you expect twists and turns, you expect it to be action packed, thrilling and absorbing; of course, but I did not expect this. 

As a new author to me and a book which was gifted to me, I didn't hold high hopes because people very rarely can choose a read I will love but my friend got it absolutely spot on with this one! I might even be tempted to give her my booky budget and let her find me some more little gems like this one. I'll certainly be tempted to pick up anything else I see by this author, that's for sure!

Anyway, enough of my personal ramblings...the book...

It is very well written indeed. The words put down on paper work together to cleverly describe the surroundings, characters and above all, the feelings and emotions at all times. The story immediately captures your attention and draws you in, promising to be worth the time you put in. 

The promise is fulfilled and then some. Joe is the main character throughout the story, he travels a seriously scary rollercoaster of a ride after innocently spotting his wife out and about where she shouldn't have been. He finds himself in a 'wrong place, wrong time' situation and his little boy is dragged in with him. I felt immediately drawn to the little one, wanting to pick him up and cuddle him, tell him it would all be okay - even though I didn't know if it would be or not. I had a feeling not but still wanted to protect the little guy.

Joe finds himself accused of wrongdoing and his wife Mel shows her utmost support for him. She cares for both Joe and their son and does what she can to protect them both but the trouble isn't limited to just their little family and soon things get out of hand. Ben - a family friend is missing and his wife is frantic. She and Joe work together to try to help find Ben but yet more trouble finds them.

Will this group of friends ever find truth enough to clear Joe's name and return them all to their previously peaceful lives? Obviously, that one is rhetorical at this point in order to prevent spoilers but trust me - it's totally worth reading to find the answer! If anyone can come back and tell me they predicted the full outcome, I'll be shocked!

Nice work & Thank You T.M - I look forward to reading more of your words in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.