Thursday 6 February 2014

Reviews: Made In Nashville by Mandy Baggot

Made in Nashville
An on-stage attack left Honor Blackwood with more scars than just the one on her face. It’s been ten years since she left her spot as Nashville’s brightest country music star. Is now the time to return? And is she brave enough to do it?
Country rebel and rock star, Jared ‘Jed’ Marshall is hot property on the Tennessee music scene in more ways than one. He’s wild, he’s sexy and everybody wants a piece of him. But when he sets his sights on Honor, is it pure attraction or just distraction on his mind?
Honor’s record label sign the ex-boyfriend that dumped her and suddenly going back to her old life is harder than she thought. Can she get a new contract? Will she get to perform at the Marlon Festival? Or will Dan Steele destroy everything?
When a secret from the past becomes public knowledge it’s no longer just about the music. Are all the people in her life lying to her to get what they want? And who is really behind the anonymous gifts she keeps getting sent?
Join the country scene to find out!

Lisa's Review -  5 out of 5 stars

I have always been a huge fan of country music, even though it isn't as big here in the U.K as it is in America, and recently, the TV series Nashville has been a firm favourite of mine! So when the lovely Mandy gave me an ARC copy of Made In Nashville, I was thrilled. It is the third of Mandy's books I have read, and one thing I have learnt, is that Mandy knows how to create a serious book hotty! And there is certainly no disappointing with Jared! He is hot, and sexy, and dark and brooding, and everything else that I imagined the perfect Nashville man to be!

But as well as creating yet another incredible male character, there is also Honor Blackwood, girl who years ago was one of the biggest female country singers, until she was attacked on stage and her confidence hit hard. I adored Honor's character, even though this woman was a big name, she was so easily relatable to the reader, and likable, with such a touching story of her own that you couldn't help but will her on, and reading the way the relationship between Honor and Jared developed was brilliant, and not just the hot and steamy stuff, but the way they helped to fix  each other.

The twist at the ending was just perfect, it was a real tear jerker that made my heart ache for Jared and then led to an ending of happy tears. Made in Nashville is a beautifully romantic tale filled with gorgeous characters, amazing music and a whole heap of Stetsons!

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

Lately I have been struggling to read, every book I pick up feels heavy (literally and figuratively). Lisa and Claire had already read Made in Nashville and has assured me it was well worth a read so I decided to jump in with both feet. Before i knew it i was on chapter 5 and really intrigued as to where this was going. By Chapter 10 I couldn't put the book down. And I have to admit that by the time I hit 50% of the kids were left to fend for themselves and i was pulling an all-nighter just to see what happened.

I know there are a lot of people out there who will turn  their noses up at 'yet another romance' or deem it to be 'an insta-love' book without actually looking at a page. But this book is a refreshing change from boy meets girl, boy beds girl. Oh there is attraction, from both sides and yes the attraction begins fairly quick in the story, but its something that both characters try to deny for a while. And even after they both admit to being attracted it's still a while before they actually come together for those steamy sex scenes that we all know you want to be reading.

Baggot has done an amazing job at giving her characters depth. Both Jared and Honor have had awful things happen to them in the past, but it's the kind of hurt you can almost feel, this is something that is woven into the character from the very beginning and it makes all the difference when trying to connect with the characters. 

This is my first time reading a book by Mandy Baggot and I can honestly say it wont be my last.

Claire's review 5 of 5 Stars

Well the first thing I thought when I was given this book was that it wouldn't be my cup of tea. Not because Mandy isn't a good writer but because it was all about Country music and singers, of which I am not a fan. However after having the pleasure of meeting Mandy previously, I got stuck in and I wasn't disappointed.

I could not put Made In Nashville down! I was well and truly glued to it! I loved the characters which were so well written that you really felt a connection to them, and enjoyed sharing the highs and lows of the relationship between Honor and Jared. This book really sucks you into the story and stays in your mind until you have to pick it up again (thats if you dont read it in 1 sitting).

I was disappointed when the book ended as I was left feeling i wanted to know more about the future in store for Honor and Jared. Would love to see their story expanded in the future to a sequel :)



Like what you read? Interested in giving it a read yourself? 
Check it out on Goodreads, or pick it up at Amazon.
Interested in connecting with the author? 
Find her on Facebook or connect on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.