Thursday 27 February 2014

Dark Possesion review

Dark PossessionHow far would you go for love? Callie McFay is about to cross worlds and time..Fairwick used to be populated by all manner of magical creatures but when a cabal of witches forced the closure of the last door to Fairie, the townsfolk had to choose sides. Now it is up to Callie to find a way back. Her quest will take her far from home - to a 17th Century Scotland where the demon she once fell in love with is still very much a man..

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars
It has been almost a year since I started my journey into Callie's world, almost a year since I stepped out of her world with the end of The Water Witch,  yet when I picked up this book it felt like I had only briefly stepped out of her world. I was instantly drawn back into her world with ease, there was no uncomfortable grasping the memories edge to remember what had happened because Goodman cleverly includes small reminders into the story so that we see once again what happened through Callies memories. So much so that this book could be read as a standalone, I personally wouldn't recommend it, because you would be missing out on so much more.
Once again I am struck with how well written these books are. Goodman provides us with extended descriptions which make, you the reader, feel as though you are really there alongside Callie experiencing everything she does and feeling what she feels, this was every bit a heart warming tale, filled with action, emotion, adventure, magic and love.
This book is one of those true page turners, one that when you put it down you are itching to pick it back up and find out what will happen next. This book is very much like the previous two books in the series, in that it stays with you when you close its pages. This is one of those series that I can see me losing myself in time after time. If this is the standard of all of Goodman's books then I really must go and have a look at what else she has written. If all modern day fairy tales where as good as this I doubt I would read anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.