Thursday 26 January 2017

Review: The One by John Marrs

The OneHow far would you go to find THE ONE?

One simple mouth swab is all it takes.

One tiny DNA test to find your perfect partner - the one you're genetically made for.

A decade after scientists discover everyone has a gene they share with just one person, millions have taken the test, desperate to find true love.

Now, five more people take the test. But even soul mates have secrets. And some are more shocking - and deadlier - than others...
A psychological thriller with a difference, this is a truly unique novel which is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat.

(Note: Previously published as A Thousand Small Explosions)

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

I've heard nothing but great things about this book (both under its current title and its previous one) and I'll be honest I was a little wary about all the hype surrounding it. I needn't have worried. I initially picked this book to keep me occupied on a car journey, but when I reached my destination I found I was completely hooked, so much so that I read 'just one more chapter' and when I looked at the clock 2 hours had passed. In the end I just couldn't bear to put my kindle down so I did the only logical thing and I finished the book.

The One follows several couples as they learn about their Match, and follows them over the course of several months as their relationships develop. But none of these relationships are quite what they initially seem and they will all have you second guessing everyone. 

This is the first time i have read anything by Marrs, but if this is his standard of work I will definitely be looking at his other works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.