Monday 9 January 2017

Review: Sister Sister by Sue Fortin

Sister Sister: A gripping psychological thriller
Alice: Beautiful, kind, manipulative, liar.

Clare: Intelligent, loyal, paranoid, jealous.

Clare thinks Alice is a manipulative liar who is trying to steal her life.
Alice thinks Clare is jealous of her long-lost return and place in their family.

One of them is telling the truth. The other is a maniac.
Two sisters. One truth.

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

It seems like forever ago I started this book, life has gotten in the way as it so often does, but I had managed to read a few chapters and in my time away from the book I found myself thinking about it, wondering how things where going to turn out. This wasn't just a page turner, it pulled me, trying to draw my attention even when I wasn't reading. When I was finally able to dedicate some time to reading I found myself utterly engrossed, I had hoped to be able to read a few chapters at least, but when I finished the book I realised several hours had passed without me realising.

Fortin has done a fantastic job with this book, she will have you doubting everyone, never knowing right to the very end who you can trust. Helped along by the fact that even Clare doubts herself... when you cant trust the narrator who can you trust? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.