Friday 31 March 2017

Review: Beauty and the Beast by Parragon

Disney Beauty and the Beast Book of the FilmBelle dreams of adventures like the ones she reads about in her books - until she becomes the prisoner of a fearsome Beast in a mysterious, enchanted castle. But life in the castle isn't as terrible as Belle imagines, and soon she realizes there is more to the Beast than first meets the eye. Experience this tale as old as time about adventure and love, about looking past first appearances, about the inner Beauty and Beast in all of us.
Disney Beauty and the Beast Book of the Film is based on the live-action film starring Emma Watson.


Shona and Lexie's review: 5 of 5 stars

This book arrived in my mail just a few days before I was due to see the movie at the cinema, and for me the struggle was real. Do I watch the movie or read the book first? I think I picked correctly.
I watched the movie, loved it entirely and then came home to read this book with my youngest daughter, and found that hidden between the pages were little snippets of information that made this book so much richer than what we saw on the big screen.

The age range for this book is 7-10, but I'm a little older than that and was able to thoroughly enjoy it, not just because I was reading with my daughter, but because it is so well written. Like the movie (and the Disney cartoon version before it) this tale really does appeal to all. One of my favourite things about this version is it ties up a few loose ends that were left open in the original Disney version. Like... why did nobody remember the Prince and his castle, and whatever happened to Mr Potts.


My other favourite thing about this book? Lexie loved it, she's already stolen it for herself (looks like I'll need to grab a copy for myself) and she is currently re-reading it and demanding to know when she can see it in the cinema. Looks like another viewing soon for me then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.