Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead 


My rating 5 of 5 stars.

I have waited so long to read this book and my expectations where high. I was not disappointed. It was so easy to slip back into the series, it felt like 'coming home'.

I loved the progression of Sydney and Adrian's relationship. The growth of their friendship and then the surprise of their feelings for each other. Considering Sydney's upbringing I understand why she didn't truly understand her growing feelings towards Adrian, but I would have loved to have read from Adrian's point of view.

It wasn't just Sydney and Adrian who experienced a growth in character. Jill, the Moroi princess who just wanted to be normal, is now accepting that she cant have/do certain things the way she used to. This girl is already sacrificing what she wants for the 'greater good' and isnt bitching about it. A far cry from the Jill who discovered her true identity in the last Vampire Academy book and a huge leap from the girl she was at the beginning of Bloodlines.

I put off reading this book because its been long awaited, and I knew I would enjoy it. I have savoured every moment reading it and once I got half way through the book I started to dread the ending. I did NOT want this book to end. In fact when it did end I had to go grab myself some comfort food. I cant believe I actually have to wait until February next year to read the next instalment.

If you haven't read this yet then I suggest you go and grab yourself a copy of the Vampire Academy series and start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.