Tuesday 10 July 2012

Truth and Lies, Past and Present by Katherine Rochholz

Truth and Lies Past and Present (Katy Lily #1)Truth and Lies Past and Present by Katherine Rochholz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was so keen to read this book. I've heard really good things about it. Its been compared to Harry Potter with more female oomph however I found it VERY similar to Harry Potter in the beginning.

The first few pages with Katy on her own intrigued me, I could see there was a story I wanted to read, but once found by Antonio Jr I struggled to keep reading. There was a lot of information given out at once about school and lessons that I felt overwhelmed, and was surprised that Katy Lily didn't appear to be fazed by it. The first few chapters read like an information book/leaflet and I fought to carry on though and im really glad i did.

Once we got past the first two days of school the story flowed. Katy learning about her powers, her friendship with Gaivan. All of it enjoyable. With all good stories there has to be conflict, something for the hero or in this case the heroine to face and overcome. And this book has it. I wont talk about it because I don't want to spoil it for others.

This book IS worth reading. The only reason i haven't given it 5 stars is because of the problems at the beginning of the book. But it hasn't put me off. I will continue to read the series, and will introduce my young daughters to Katy Lily.. I'm sure they will also enjoy her story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.