Wednesday 8 August 2012

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Once I started reading this book there was no stepping away from it... I gave up sleep to finish reading this book and I would do it again!

Chloe and friends find themselves safe with Andrew, a friend of Derek and Simon's dad. He introduces them to a group of supernaturals who wish to stop the Edison Group, and manages to bring in people who have the same powers as the kids. Finally someone who might be able to help them with their growing powers instead of trying to medicate them. But the adults soon find out their powers are far stronger than they originally feared. Now the group find themselves again betrayed by someone they thought they could trust.

When I finished this book I realised there are still questions that need answering, still people to find and obstacles to overcome. I knew going into this book it was a trilogy, but we can hope that Kelley Armstrong will continue their story. At the very least provide us with short stories. As this is set in the same 'world' as the Otherworld series, I'm now very keen to see what would happen if Clayton was to meet Derek, or see how Jamie would help Chloe understand her powers. I would love to see how Savannah and Tori get on.. will they recognise the fact they are both witch/sorcerer children?

You don't have to have read the Otherworld series to read this trilogy. It is a standalone trilogy, but it also fills some of the gaps in the Otherworld series.


Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.