Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Demon Lover

The Demon Lover (Fairwick Chronicles, #1)The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I requested a copy of this book from NetGalley based solely on the synopsis. I have been looking fr something a little different to my 'usual' reads and this seemed to fit the bill.

The story was slow to begin with, to the point I had been reading it for several days and was still only 25% of the way through. I could easily set the book down and walk away to do other things, and when I had time to read I didn't rush to pick up my kindle , but I could see this story had potential to be great. So I continued to read it.
Soon after the story develops some real depth, you discover more about Callie and the people around her and you realise this town and college is not all that it seems. At this point it becomes a story i couldnt leave alone.

From here on in you become embroiled in the magic of faeries, witches, vampires and other mystical creatures. As Callie's knowledge of her surroundings grow so to does yours.

The story is well written and not once did I feel overwhelmed with information, back story or descriptive text (of which there is a lot). I honestly cant wait to read more in the Fairwick Chronicles.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.