Monday 31 December 2012

The Tragedy Paper

The Tragedy PaperThe Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not quite sure where to start with this review. I have struggled to read these last couple of weeks, I literally looked through my kindle fifty times at the many books I have just waiting to be read, at first I struggled to find one that drew me in, then I kept seeing The Tragedy Paper. Between requesting it via NetGalley and choosing to read it I had actually forgotten what it was about. A quick check of the synopsis and I decided to give it a go.

The synopsis talks about Tim and Vanessa, very little is said about Duncan and so when the book opens with him its a bit of a surprise. Immediately you know something terrible happened last year, something Duncan doesn't want to talk about and when he discovers Tim's CD's you realise that he is going to have to relive it.
Like Duncan I was drawn in to Tim's story, I struggled to stay focused on what was happening around me when I wasn't listening to Tim. At bed time I struggled to sleep because Tim's story was going round and round in my head and I wondered what was going to happen.

The story was an easy one to sink into and it flowed freely, not once did I find it difficult to understand what was going on and the transition between Tim and Duncan's stories intertwined seamlessly.



View all my reviews



Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.