Tuesday 29 January 2013

Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box (Immortalis #3)Pandora's Box by Katie Salidas

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I started reading this series a little backwards. I actually read the novella Moonlight first and absolutely loved Fallons story. That book introduced me to several of the characters in the Immortalis series but after reading the first book in this series I was left with some questions as to why other members of the Clan weren't around later. Then I saw a comment on the authors Facebook page about a WIP and I had a mini fit. Something awful happens between book 2 and the novella and I almost didn't want to read about it. I mean the unintentional spoiler wasnt really a spoiler it was something I had already guessed at but now I KNEW, so I've put off reading this book for a few days now. But Alyssa keeps nagging me to come read some more.. So here I am.

This whole series has just grabbed me and wont let go. Maybe it's because I waited a few days but I started reading this and I wasn't able to put my kindle down (I even managed to do some of my exercises whilst reading I was so involved), until the bit I feared. For the first time EVER I actually put the kindle down and walked away. I needed to take a moment. The moment became five, then ten. I started to panic that I wouldn't be able to carry on reading. I made some tea, had some chocolate (did I mention the diet?), picked up the kindle and switched it back on. Re-read the last few pages and put the kindle down again. Really? Yup absolutely! I had a little more chocolate and at this point I decided I wasn't going to allow this book to beat me (or end my diet) so I stepped away from the chocolate and carried on reading. While I felt like my heart was maybe breaking along with Nicholas I almost squealed with delight when I realised we were meeting Aiden, I hissed in anger when we meet Edmond again and I actually laughed with joy near the end of the book when Alyssa exacts her revenge on him.

Now I'm faced with a dilemma. I really want to read the fourth book in the series Soulstone but its the last in the series (for now?) and im not ready for it to be over.




View all my reviews



Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.