Saturday 13 April 2013

Taken


Book Synopsis

Welcome to the fictitious little town of Watery, Pennsylvania where the district attorney's personal secretary Mary Murray never planned to become a single mom or a suspect in her infant's disappearance, but she plans to find Jena before she suffers the same fate Mary's younger brother had when he was taken twelve years earlier.

Claire's Review: 1 of 5 Stars

I was really looking forward to reading this one! After reading the synopsis on amazon I thought this story had a lot of potential....how wrong could I have been!

I was incredibly disappointed with this story and had to force myself to read through to the end. The only reason I read to the end was in hope of a twist that would maybe improve it.

Although the concept for the story was a good one, I felt the author rushed this, and didn't allow enough information for the reader to get to know the characters or feel any emotion for them.  It was also very predictable and found myself wanted to skip pages as I knew what would happen.  The kidnapper was obvious from the start and I felt the story didn't develop enough depth to hold any interest.

For me this book felt like a very detailed synopsis rather than a full book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.