Monday 20 May 2013

A Place Called Perfect Review By Bethany

16172418A Place Called Perfect By Helena Duggan



Book Synopsis

Take a journey into Perfect, a town that is anything but... 

Violet Brown didn’t want to live in a place that was perfect. How would she ever survive? She’d have to be neat and tidy, would definitely have to brush her hair. She’d have to be perfect and that was boring. 

But when her dad is offered the best job an optician can get, to fix a strange problem in this odd little town, Violet has to obey. That’s the thing with parents, they only ever did what they wanted! 

From the beginning Violet hates her new home, it’s too clean, the people are too friendly, everything is just too nice... 

When her Mam begins to act a little strange, her Dad disappears on a mysterious business trip without telling a soul, she almost gets expelled from school for picking up a pencil without permission and starts hearing voices in her head, Violet thinks she’s going mad. 

Until one day she meets BOY...


Bethanys Review 3.5 of 5 stars

I found this book hard to get into to begin with, but the more I read the more I enjoyed it.

I didn't like the part when the kids were told to take pills as I wouldn't have liked to do that myself. I did enjoy the book although I think it was maybe aimed at older kids than myself and I think I will try and read it again when I am a bit older as I may find it more enjoyable

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.