Sunday 30 June 2013

Love You More Review

16283688Love You More (Broken Series #1) - M.L Stephens

Book Synopsis

My life had been fabulous, but that was before I was murdered.

There are only two things in a person's existence that truly matter—before and after.This is my after.

Caught in a realm between life and death, Jade is torn between the unexpected love of a stranger, or catching the people who killed her.

With the clock ticking, she struggles to find a way to save the life of her best friend while holding on to the man that she loves.

One decision might leave her stranded in limbo for all of eternity, yet the other could destroy her happiness

Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars

Wow what can I say about this book! I had me hooked from the very beginning. The beginning was extremely emotional and kept me from putting the book down! it was well written and the emotions you felt for the characters were so strong!

Full of interesting twists this book kept you on the edge of your seat and wanting to know more! I will definitely be looking at the rest of the Broken series in the future and will be looking out for more of the authors work!

Lisa's Review - 4 out of 5 stars

I was almost halfway through reading Love You More when I realised Claire had already reviewed it, but I was enjoying it so much I needed to add a review too!

When the author sent me the book, she warned me that the first chapter was heart wrenching. But I was in no way prepared for what I was hit with, it was hard hitting, emotional, shocking stuff, that was so well written. I realise that makes it sound a little scary, but it isn't at all, and I don't want to put people off with that, but if anything I would just advise you have a tissue at the ready!

After Jade is murdered and her best friend lays in a coma, and especially after the opening of the book, you will Jade on so hard to be able to help her loved ones find her murderers so that her spirit can move on and rest. With the quirky Ella being the only one that can see her and help her, it is a real page turner to see if they can succeed.

I usually pride myself on being able to 'suss' out a storyline plot or twist, either in book or film form, and I tend to take a little secret pleasure in finding out that I am right. With Love You More, there was more than twist that made the story even better that I hold my hands up to and can admit I did not see coming!

I couldn't give this book a 5 star review, as much as I enjoyed it. There are two reasons for this, the first being that when Jade meets Ella, I instantly got a picture of Whoopi Goldberg In Ghost, and after that I struggled to shake that out of my head as much as I tried! Secondly, the ending of the book felt so rushed, there was a blossoming relationship that developed pretty quickly, and I felt it needed more. I know there is another book to come in this series, so I am hoping it will be stretched out a bit more in the next one.
Follower Links:




Purchase Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.