Friday 21 June 2013

Shattered into beautiful and interview

Shattered Into Beautiful Banner

SIB CoverTitle: Shattered Into Beautiful, A Surviving Soul Novel

Author: Mel Ballew

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Hosted By: Love Between The Sheets

Synopsis

Her Magick is destined but true love forbidden.

After beautiful Sylver Kyllienne Brady meets death at the hands of her boyfriend, Roland Parks, she transcends into Summerland. There, she reunites with her mother and finds her soulmate, Zander. Pulled back to the earthly plane, she must embark on a journey of discovery. She uncovers a truth. She is the descendent of a long lineage of powerful Witches. She must learn to control her power, protect the family’s Amulet and Book of Shadows. Sylver has no idea what awaits her. And, this is only part of her discovery.

Lives unravel as secrets are discovered and mysteries unfold.

Everything changes when she meets Zander Emmett –a vampire. Zander is gorgeous, exotic, sexy and unbelievably wealthy. He is also the one person a witch, such as Sylver, must avoid. Their love is forbidden but their souls draw them together like a magnet. Their bodies ignite, passion soars and their souls are left discovering, not only each other, but their destiny. His life holds secrets and enticing mysteries of his own that propel the parallels of their worlds to climaxing heights.

Will their colliding worlds separate them? Will Sylver embrace her destiny? Will realizing what is expected of her and falling soul-fully in love with Zander - the vampire she is forbidden to love, just leave her breathless?

Or, will she forever be Shattered Into Beautiful?
Follower links





Buy Links



Hello and welcome to Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom

Do you have a specific writing style?

I would have to ask those that have read SIB.  Do y’all think I have a specific writing style? Some have PM’d me saying similar things as those that helped Beta read for me, saying it is “poetic”.  Personally, I am not sure I quite know what this actually means in regards to my writing.  I do not know what my style would even be… I guess it is a compliment, haha.  At least, that is what I have been told so I will take that and totally own that shit! 

How did you come up with the title?

I knew Sylver was shattered.  I knew she was evolving, learning, and growing in many aspects of her life. As certain aspects unfolded, I knew this needed to be delivered successfully since it is essential to the storyline.  I knew where Kitten & Lover were taking me, and I knew the ‘meats & bones’ wasn’t going to come until book 2-3 but that this book needed to set up the foundation for the others.  To me, everyone is beautiful.  Yes! Even on our ugly days there is something of beauty to see.  C’mon, don’t deny it… (LOL) So, in the novel, I wanted that reflected.  Since it centers around Sylver & Z’s soul love, and despite Sylver’s brokenness, she has a beautiful soul.  After meditating over it, eventually the title revealed itself.  Shattered Into Beautiful was born. 

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

There are quite a few, actually.  To pull the overall main message:  I believe in soul mates, aka Twin Flames.  I have met mine.  Although this story came in a dream and the characters dictated its ultimate direction, it was imperative for me to convey the depth of my own belief and personal experience with mature, romantic soul-love.  Other messages would include:  Any woman suffering domestic abuse or rape is stronger emotionally than the abuse or the abuser.  You have options.  I am a survivor.  I know.  The original version of SIB was much deeper and darker, with a heavier emphasis on Sylver’s abuse early in the novel.  During the process of rewriting it within the three week period mentioned earlier, it became a lighter novel and only a small portion of this was shared.  I did this for many reasons.  One reason was to respect those of us that endured and survived.  Overcoming is a daily feat.  Even when you are no longer in the situation, its memory haunts you, the words cut you, the hands impact you – repeatedly.  You are strong when you finally leave but it takes years to fully become strong enough to see the purpose it was meant to serve in your life.  There truly is purpose in all things – message number three.  I am a firm believer in this.  We all have a purpose and regardless of what you go through, there is a reason it happened.  Either we are meant to do so for a specific reason or many.  I could go on and on about the many other messages in SIB … I only skimmed the surface here.  Some messages are more hidden, some are more obvious, while others are woven together throughout the story like fine pieces of silk thread.  They are not as noticeable yet make the most impact. We all make an impact on someone else (perhaps this is yet another message?)

What are your current projects?

I am currently working on and preparing for publication of a standalone Contemporary Romantic Suspense, titled, ShameLess.  Then, I will transition into immediately finishing and preparing for the 2nd book in A Surviving Soul Novel series, title TBA at a later date, for its expected fall 2013 release.

Do you see your writing as a career?

Not at all.  Actually, I see it more as a way of living because it is truly a way of life for me.  Like losing myself in a book is essential to fulfilling the reader in me, I escape into the minds of my characters to tell their stories as a writer.  Every artist would appreciate having monetary reward for their works, which essentially makes it a ‘career’, but if you asked any artist if it is a requirement in order to continue creating, I can assure you their answer would be resounding ‘no’.  As a self-pub’ing Author, there is very little monetary reward returned vs. the outlay to publish.  Therefore, it is simply d’vine to lose yourself in the haven of your imagination. 

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

Not at all.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

I have written all of my life.  Honestly, I do not specifically recall a moment when I did not write.  My mother encouraged reading and writing from a very early age.  I embraced it, fully.  I started out journaling in a diary.  Remember the old lock & key diaries?  Yep! That was mine…hidden under the mattress of my bed.  I advanced from those to more “mature” ones during my teenage years.  In fact, I think I still have them somewhere. Hmm… J I began writing poetry and short stories.  I shared these with my mom and, then, best friend.  They are the only two people who ever saw the pieces I wrote during this time in my life. Writing is my art-form; my release, and my creative outlet.  It is just who I am.

Who designs your cover(s)?

Regina Wamba, Mae I Design & Photography

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Aside from my physical challenges, the hardest technical part of writing is not the writing itself, but the process of self-publishing blended with time-consuming marketing, which takes away from being able to write.  This is a great opportunity to meet amazing people, build beautiful friendships, and experience learning, which is a blessing, though.  Each stage in the writing process goes hand-in-hand, but the hardest part is not being able to write during those moments your time is demanded elsewhere for the other necessary stages.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Read a lot, and research.  Believe in yourself and embrace your journey.  It is yours and yours alone.  It is not like anyone else’s because you are not anyone else.  Be prepared for moments of absolute uncertainty but remain humble and eager to learn.  Be teachable and willing to pay what you learn forward to others starting out on similar journeys that need a loving, supportive, and guiding hand. 

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

THANK YOU! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your unconditional support and interest in my debut novel, Shattered Into Beautiful.  I am looking forward to continuing to share my journey of weaving words with all of you.

Thank you for your participation.

Playlist

I Am Woman by Helen Reddy

Seer by Witch

I Could Die For You by Red Hot Chili Peppers


Whatever It Takes by Lifehouse


Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney

I Found You by Alabama Shakes

Bring Me To Life by Evanescence

Because You Live by Jesse McCartney

Broken by Seether

Survivor by Destiny's Child

Feel This Moment by Pitbull ft Christina Aguilera

Dark & Dangerous by LVMEN AD INFINITVM

Goddess in the Doorway by Mick Jagger

Charmer by Aimee Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.