Wednesday 3 July 2013

From Goats Gruff to Glory Review By Bethany

17571463From Goats Gruff to Glory By Rik Ravado

Book Synopsis

From Goats Gruff to Glory takes the traditional children’s story as a starting point and develops a sequel involving a contemporary, imaginary world full of unlikely characters. From Boris the Spider with a head for PR and copyrighting to ‘Cheesy‘ Spread, a chimpanzee with a whole raft of dodgy business enterprises including a media empire that aspires to rival News International.

Add to the mix a female troll more formidable than the Iron Lady herself, as well as Roger a young goat with a personal fortune built on a goat sponsorship scam, and you have a book you just can’t put down.

In the process, the smelly, nasty troll in the original tale, Eric, is redeemed and reformed into a hero. Kid’s love it but so too will you, particularly if you read it to them at bedtime.

The seeds of this book began when my own children demanded spontaneous bedtime stories. If you have children or care for other people’s and you dare to tell them stories, then you quickly learn what works and what doesn’t.

Here then is something of the original story, restored, polished, made more politically correct and slightly less vulgar. I’ve also added more contemporary adult cultural references to ensure that the modern adult reader is suitably catered for and amused.

So if, as a child, you ever wondered about the Billy Goats Gruff story and what happened to the big smelly troll, then this story is for you

Bethany's Review 5 of 5 Stars

When I first got this book, I wasn't sure about reading it as I thought it might be quite childish, but I'm glad I did as I loved it!

I really enjoyed it and thought it was very funny and loved seeing a different side to the billy goats gruff story by seeing the life of Eric the troll, and loving the amount of detail that has gone into the story.

My favourite part was when Eric was painting the spider spotty with Erica's lipstick, as. Thought it was very funny. My favourite character was Erica as I found it funny how she bossed Eric around.

I would recommend this book to my friends to read and think this would be a fab book to read at school. I'm looking forward to reading more of Eric's adventures in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.