Wednesday 14 August 2013

Nely Cab Interview

Today we are pleased to announce that we have managed to secure an interview with none other than Nely Cab. Nely is the author of the popular Young Adult novel, Creatura. Hello and welcome to Booky Ramblings

nely

Q: When did you realize that you loved to write? 

A: I was ten years old and had read a few Judy Blume books. I remember thinking that I had always written stories in my head, so I gave it a try and I loved it.

Q: How did Creatura start? What inspired you to begin Isis’ story?

A: At the same age that I first wrote my first story, I started having dreams of a little boy. In my dreams, this boy grew older as I grew older. I dreamed of him off and on through out my life; even to this day I dream of him. I had never stopped to think about how odd it was that he would appear occasionally in my dreams, and I never told anyone.

Then, when I was 30 years old, I had a dream, and at the end of the dream—just as I was waking up—he said one word to me: David. I thought about that dream a lot. That’s when I started playing around with story ideas in my head.

When, at last, I started writing the story, I made my sister the main character because she was the only person I knew who like to read Young Adult books. I figured if I caught her attention with a character modeled after her, then she’d read the story. She became my first beta reader.

Q: Every book, no matter what genre, has a central theme(s). What would you say is the central theme of Creatura?

A: Unconditional love and sacrifice.

Q: Creatura is categorized as YA paranormal romance. Are you strictly a writer in this genre, or do you see yourself exploring other genres as well?

A: I’ve actually given this topic much thought recently, and I can say that I’d love to write other genres in the future. I don’t think writers should limit themselves. If anything, they should always challenge their writing, and I intend to do just that.

Q: I understand that you are currently working on the second novel in the Creatura series. Can you tell us about your upcoming projects?

A: Oh my gosh! So many changes take place in book two that I’m smiling as I type this. I can’t tell you much, but I can tell you that there will be scandal and revelations! There’s no set release date as of yet.

Q: Do you have a special place where you like to write?

A: I like to write at my desk, surrounded by silence.

Q: In your biography, it jokingly (I think) states that one of the items on your bucket list (things to do before you die) is to achieve world domination. If you controlled the world, what is the first thing you would do?

A: That’s not a joke. LOL! Everyone conquers the world in their own way. I want to conquer the world through story writing. But if I did become a world conqueror, the first thing I’d do is find a way to end world hunger. I know it’s cliché, and it’s probably right up there with something a beauty pageant queen might say, but if you ever saw a child’s hungry face digging through the trash for scraps of rotting food, you’d understand.

Q: Another topic explored in your biography (which has been very insightful, by the way) is the fact that you studied culinary arts while in Mexico. What is your all-time favorite food?

A: I can’t say I have a favorite. I love food in general, whether it’s exotic, like shrimp in a sweet tamarind sauce or a plain slice of pizza, it’s all good to me. Sweets and baked goods are high on my list. I have a terrible sweet tooth. Of course a good cup of coffee or espresso would go at the end of each meal.

Q: Nely, if you have to describe Creatura in three sentences or less, how would you do so? 

A: Creatura is a story about change. It’s a story about sacrifice and unconditional love for the things you care for the most. It’s also a story about never losing hope.
There we have it! Thank you so much for the interview, Nely! Can you tell the readers where they can find out more about you and your projects?

Website: http://www.nelycab.com

Blog: www.nelycab.blogspot.com

Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Nely-Cab/e/B0056QMZKQ/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

Amazon Creatura link: http://www.amazon.com/Creatura-Nely-Cab/dp/1489589554/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376431084&sr=8-1&keywords=creatura

1 comment:

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.