Thursday 15 August 2013

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Benson) Review

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1)Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones

Book Synopsis

Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….


His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.

At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars

First thing I am going to suggest when you read this is to be careful if you happen to read this on your kindle like I did. One minute I was at 88% reading happily, the next I was met by an ending that literally jumped up out of nowhere and sucker punched me. I actually threw my kindle down (on to a cushion on my sofa so that it wouldn't get damaged) in disgust at how quickly it arrived and how terrible it made me feel because there was no conclusion, only an awfully clever cliffhanger that promises all questions will be answered in the conclusion in Amy's story. Except I have to wait until October before that book is released.

Amy's story was an easy one to fall into and although it's clear from the very beginning that she's running from something, it's not until much later that we really get any hints about what exactly she might be running from. And unless I missed something really big we don't find out exactly what happened, we literally get snippets of info in the form of Amy's flashbacks.

Ok so for a good portion of this book I could not relax about certain characters, I was sure they were not who they said they were. That coupled with a few of the things Amy discovers later and I have a whole heap of questions about Amy's 'handler' myself that need answered. The conclusion to this two book series can not come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.