Monday 9 September 2013

Dark Desires After Dusk

Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole

Book Synopsis

RITA Award-winning author Kresley Cole continues her bestselling Immortals After Dark series with this electrifying tale of a ruthless demon mercenary and the lovely young halfling who enchants him.

A seductive beauty he can never have, yet can't resist...
Cadeon Woede will stop at nothing to atone for the one wrong that will haunt him forever. But once he secures the key to his redemption, the halfling Holly Ashwin, Cade finds that the woman he thought he could use for his own ends and then forget haunts him as much as his past.

A tormented warrior she should fear, but can't deny...
Raised as a human, Holly never knew that some frightening legends are real until she encounters a brutal demon who inexplicably guards her like a treasure. Thrust into a sensual new world of myth and power, with him as her protector, she begins to crave the demon's wicked touch.

Surrender to dark desires...
Yet just when he earns Holly's trust, will Cade be forced to betray the only woman who can saté his wildest needs -- and claim his heart?

Shona's review 4 of 5 stars

I have just finished reading an emotionally draining book and it left me wanting something soft and fluffy. Now ordinarily I would say that Immortals After Dark are far from soft and fluffy, after all the books are about demons etc. and usually involve some fighting. But I needed something that I could sink into without trying, something that was new but felt comfortable (like a well read favourite) and this is what Cole provides for her constant reader. Each story so far is standalone but ties in with the books that have come before and most give us a hint as to what/who to expect in the next book. Which gives me the reader that warm sense of familiarity that I sometimes need in a book.

One of the reasons I am enjoying this series is the variety. We don't just get to meet new characters, we get to meet different 'species' within the Lore, Valkyrie (who are one of my favourites in this series), Vampires, Lykae, Witches, Demons.. and the list goes on.

I loved Holly and her quirks. I also loved watching her unravel. Becoming who she really should be instead of the 'box' she was trying to fit herself into. I also loved the slowly building attraction she has towards Cade. I think Cadeon is the first guy (in a book) with horns that I have lusted over and I for one might take Nix's suggestion and lick them... but I digress... We have seen Cadeon in previous books, but shamefully I must admit that I never really gave him much thought. Until now. Cade starts out as a tough, foul-mouthed demon, hell-bent on helping his brother regain his crown (no that's not a metaphor). And because of that he has some tough choices to make in this book. I personally think he did the best thing possible.

This series is rapidly becoming one of my favourites. This particular book took me just one day to read it because I just couldn't put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.