Tuesday 17 September 2013

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #4)

revealed  Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #4) by J.R Ward

  Synopsis

  In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York,
there's a deadly war raging between vampires and their
slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers
like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their
race. Now, an ally of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
will face the challenge of his life and the evil of the ages.


Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers. 

But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.

Lisa's Review - 4 out of 5 stars

Ahhh, there it is! The first book so far in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series that gets less than a 5 star review! I didn't think I would give any of these books anything less than 5, but then we get to Lover Revealed and I seriously felt this book was lacking some of that spark the previous three had. I think it is  because for the first time, one of the books doesn't revolve around one of the vampires, but instead human Butch. Don't get me wrong, I like Butch, but more in a way of 'kind of in the background, human sidekick to the vampires' way, and not in a front runner of the story. I have also liked all the women in these stories apart from Butch's love, Marissa. I haven't liked her weak ways compared to how strong all the other female characters have been, although by the end of the book, Marissa has gone up in my estimations after becoming stronger, but still out of all the female characters so far, she is the weak link.

This book has left me wanting more of Rhevenge's story. It leaves a lot unexplained about the relationship between Rhevenge and Butch, and if I am being totally honest, I was expecting the relationship between Butch, Rhevenge and Marissa to develop into a ménage à trois and give this book a real eye opening, wow factor story line, so I was left a little deflated when it didn't really go anywhere, so I really hope it is covered in Rhevenge's installment of the series.

It is really, really difficult to write a review for book number 4 in this series without giving away the plot line, so I am going to leave my review there before I write something that gives it away! For me, this has been the weakest book so far but still good enough to keep me interested, this was just the book in the series that you whizz through to get to the next one, and I hope that book 5 brings back my 5 star review!

Links

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42898.Lover_Revealed

http://www.jrward.com/

Purchase Links

Amazon UK Lover Revealed: Number 4 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood)

Amazon US http://www.amazon.com/Lover-Revealed-Black-Dagger-Brotherhood/dp/0451229681/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376383499&sr=8-1&keywords=lover+revealed

B&N http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lover-revealed-j-r-ward/1100315359?ean=9780451229687

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.