Saturday 7 December 2013

Tyffani Clark: Christmas For Authors


I really struggled over what to write for this post. I even put it out there to Facebook to help me find a topic, but then, I realized, it's Christmas. Why not just write about that?

Christmas is my favorite holiday. When my fiance and I started dating and I told him that, he said, "I figured it would be. It's a lot of people's favorite." See, he doesn't celebrate Christmas because of his religious beliefs. On the other end, Christmas is important to me because of my religious beliefs. I'm a Christian. After Easter, Christmas is the second most important holiday to me, but I like Christmas best. There's just something enchanting and magical about Christmas, even if you don't celebrate it for religious purposes.



Did you know, that during World War I, they stopped fighting WORLD WIDE for Christmas Day? That's how far reaching the holiday is and it goes beyond the presents and the lights. It's more than the carols and the cheesy made-for-TV movies. Christmas is a celebration.

It always gets to me when I hear people say "It's too early to start singing Christmas songs! It's not even Thanksgiving yet!" Why would you want to stifle someone's joy just because you haven't eaten a whole turkey yet? (For those of you outside the US, obviously, this isn't the case, but I'm sure there are similar remarks made about Christmas starting too early.)

I love to give gifts. The last few years, I haven't had much money, this year is no exception, so I'm having to gift copies of my books to my family. Haha! But there's nothing better than the feeling you get when someone opens your gift and they get excited because you got it RIGHT.

When Christmas comes around, I start in October. I turn on the Christmas music and I burn my smelly candles and I put up my tree and I start writing everything Christmas I can think of. This year, I wrote a little short that I'm hoping to have available by Christmas Day. It's a sweet little piece, totally different from my norm, but it's cute, and I'm excited for it.

Anyway, all that mess to say, I love Christmas and I'm going to celebrate it as soon as the mood hits me. Even if it means I start in July, because it's fun and it's magical, and it's important to me.

Merry Christmas to you all! I hope this year ends happy and next year begins with hope and joy.

Bio:

Tyffani Clark Kemp was born in Florida and raised by her grandparents. She has been writing since she discovered in the sixth grade that it wasn’t enough just to read about fantastic places, but she could create her own. She weaves small bits of herself into everything she writes whether it be a science fiction piece about aliens or a dramatic romance fraught with conflict and love. After graduation she moved to South Carolina where she lives with her family and her fluffy shii tzu-mix dog who things he’s a Saint Bernard. Her available works include Scorned: A LeKrista Scott, Vampire Hunted novel, Beast Within and Beast Anew, Shaggy Maggie, and The Man Without Rules. Kemp opened SideStreet Cookie Publishing LLC in September 2012.

Follower Links:


Book Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.