Saturday 15 February 2014

Mandy Baggot Take Over

All of us at Booky Ramblings are very pleased to hand over the reigns for the day to the amazing Mandy Baggot!

Thank you for joining us today, Mandy, and we hope our followers enjoy your post!

A day in my writing life – Mandy Baggot


*sound of a Harley Davidson* It’s 6.50am and it’s my iPhone alarm! *curses and turns over*.

As a mum of two school-age girls every day starts off with a mad scramble to get them fed, washed and dressed before school. We leave about 8.20am for the ten minute drive, I drop off and wave goodbye and I’m back at my desk by 8.50am.
The first thing I do is check my schedule for what’s going on that day. Believe me there is always something going on! I am a member of Loveahappyending Lifestyle – an on-line magazine run by a group of us authors. We write interesting posts on all sorts of topics – I am the trends/pop culture guru. We also support each other in our writing lives so I will schedule up some Facebook posts and some tweets for them as well as a few for me and my Harper Impulse buddies. Then when I visit Twitter later I can chat about food and wine instead of books!

After that I’ll answer emails or messages. There are usually at least fifty a day! I tell myself it’s good to be popular!
Finally, after messing about on Twitter and seeing what mad things other people are up to I will get down to writing about 11am. I then have three and a half hours to crack on before picking the girls up again. Three and a half hours sounds like a long time doesn’t it? If you factor in doing some exercise, eating some lunch and dipping back in to social media, it just flies by.

After picking up my girls, I might get a couple of hours of writing in in short bursts of fifteen minutes or so. Sometimes I take a pen and paper (do you remember those?!) and write with the children around if it’s the only way to grind out some words. I will write anywhere!
That’s a normal writing day but most weeks I also have some meetings on. I belong to a Wiltshire women’s networking group called Women on Wednesday and we meet up once a month. I was the guest speaker earlier this year.

As a member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association I go up to London for their functions and  I’m also quite an active member of the Wiltshire business community so I try and attend most events I get invited to. I also speak at book groups, festivals and conferences which are mainly in the evenings or at weekends. No two weeks are the same!
I have to say I do love my writer life. I just wish there were a few more hours in the day!

Author Bio

Mandy Baggot is a romantic fiction author. In 2012 she won the Innovation in Romantic Fiction award at the UK’s Festival of Romance. Her self-published title, Strings Attached was also short-listed for the Best Author Published Read award.
Also in 2012 she signed with American publishing house, Sapphire Star Publishing, who produced her novels, Taking Charge and romantic suspense, Security.
In June 2013 she signed a two book deal with Harper Collins' digital first romance imprint, Harper Impulse.

She is a regular contributor to writing blogs and on-line magazine, Loveahappyending Lifestyle http://www.loveahappyending.com/.
Mandy loves mashed potato, white wine, country music, World’s Strongest Man, travel and handbags. She has appeared on ITV1’s Who Dares Sings and auditioned for The X-Factor.

Mandy is a member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association and lives near Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK with her husband, two daughters and cats, Kravitz and Springsteen.


Latest release: Made in Nashville


Amazon UK: http://ow.ly/sMLoS

Amazon US: http://ow.ly/sMLvX

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.