Saturday 12 April 2014

Review: Ivy by Amy Richie

Ivy (Blood Vine, #3)When I was six, a werewolf killed my parents. Then, she changed me and my sister, raising us as her own. One day I was forced to kill her, and now I'm hunting my sister. Who would have guessed my life would end up like this?
Willow Bennett is no ordinary werewolf. Never has been. Never will be. She leads the strongest pack alive, and with that comes the responsibility to stop the evil that is spreading throughout the world. Will she finally find her place in the world, or will hunting down the only family she has left prove to be her undoing?
Ivy is the third and final installment of the Blood Vine Series. The end has come and Willow has to decide once and for all where her loyalties lie.

Shona's review 5 of 5 stars


Ivy picks up 4 years after the events of Fern and from the first few pages the book hits the ground running and you run along head first into the story with Willow and her pack. And really there's no better place to be.

In the past Willow has been hesitant to fully embrace her responsibilities, and in Ivy although she has fully accepted her leadership role she sometimes struggles with her self esteem and her ability to reliably lead her pack of wolves. Willow is not some super female who magically knows the how and the why of everything. She is still a young woman who is still trying to find her feet in the werewolf world and she does it magnificently. When it is required of her she realises that she has the strength to step up and do what needs to be done and while she still feels like she may not be good enough, she realises that its more than just her pack that needs her.
The Willow we leave at the end of this book is not the same Willow we meet in the first book of this series. She is so much more, so much better.

Richie's writing has this amazing hold on you that keeps you hanging on every word. Even when I wasn't reading I was in Willow's world, I was thinking over what I had read and was wondering what was going to happen next.
One of the things I love about this series is despite the serious tone of the stories, Richie manages to bring fun moments into them and this one is no exception. This, combined with a story that flows effortlessly and characters that are flawed but real, gives us a wonderful 5 star book to end what has been a 5 star series.

My review of Willow
My review of Fern

Book Links

Willow

Fern 

Ivy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.